Noble Queen of the Universe Ltd 2020

 Advocate at heart

  By Demi Braque

Noble Queen of the Universe Ltd 2020 Dr. Melanie Veneracion-Stark has a heart for extending help to people, especially the elderly - by doing volunteer work in numerous homes for the aged. "I grew up with my maternal grandmother. 

After I lost both my parents to a car crash three days before my debut, my Lola served the role left by my parents. Their untimely demise was quite traumatic for me. And yet, even as Alzheimer's disease ravaged her mental faculties, Lola remembered me, and my name, 'til the very end," related the very amiable former health professional, at her posh abode inside the sprawling Summit Point residential estate in Lipa City.

Dr. Melanie was born in Jaro, Iloilo, the hometown of her Mama Lola, where she completed her elementary education. After her graduation, the family moved to Manila where she finished her secondary and, part of, her tertiary education. She stopped from her Nursing course to mourn over her parents' loss. To assuage her misery and loneliness, most of her extended family members suggested she finish her studies in the United States, while living with relatives.

After her post graduate internship, Dr. Melanie worked in a hospital based in the United States. 

"My medical journey started with me going through the avenues of caregiving. However, such a profession is so physically demanding. Because of their body sizes, handling Westerners remained a constant challenge. It was at this point that my relatives suggested that I become a doctor instead. 

"So I applied for scholarship and went on to pursue my medical degree from Columbia University. After graduation, I did my internship at the New York Medical Center. After which, I became part of the staff for over nine years. It was during this time that I met my would-be husband, Dr. Chris Stark, a cardiologist with the California Medical Center.

"Chris fared in a vehicular accident where a tree fell on his head. Luckily, he came through a critical window period. During his convalescence, with my mother-in-law playing matchmaker, a romance blossomed. And so, Chris and I tied the knot in 2006. Shortly thereafter, we moved to California.

"I continued private practice in California that specialized in home care. Our health facility catered to members of royal families, as the owners were of royal lineage. A few years back, I came home for good. I no longer practice my profession here because my license is from the US and they do things very differently here.

"My mantra has always been that patients should find cure and/or alleviation from their ailments. The very reason I went to Medical School is to find cure for my Lola's disease, only to realize there was no cure for it," revealed Dr. Melanie.

She is a certified dog lover. A kennel of various canines is at the very center of her garden. And a huge aquarium filled with exotic fish species enliven the dining room. Dr. Melanie may also be called a 'plantita' as evidenced by her manicured lawns and well-tended gardens. She also drives a mean BMW motorbike while sporting a leather jacket whenever she does.

"It was the advocacy of the Noble family that made me interested in the pageant's outreach programs. I run a home for the aged which, unfortunately, we could not visit because of pandemic restrictions."

Upon her return from the States, she went into a few business ventures. "I am an OED supplier of perfumes that are imported to Thailand, Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, and Vietnam. My perfumery is located in the industrial zone of Mecauayan, Bulacan. Soon, we will be supplying aggregates for the airport construction, as well as for housing and construction."

Dr. Melanie also runs Uni Sol, an entity into home security; and Unified Solutions that's focused on events planning and related services. When stressed out with her busy schedules, she takes a breather by going on a spree. "Shopping is my stress buster," she confided, at the end of our intimate colloquy over lunch.






Comments

Popular Posts