Autograph signing

 BBP queens meet the fans

By Earl D.C. Bracamonte

The Binibining Pilipinas 2023 queens met their supporters, as well as other pageant aficionados, in a Fan Meet & Autograph Signing event at Gateway Cineplex lobby. The queens readily posed for picture taking while gamely signing BBP merchandise and souvenir items.

"It feels great to meet a lot of people. And we are happy that we hear their compliments. Even on social media, well wishers tell me that I have a heart of gold - that I am a kind person who deserves all the success I've been receiving thus far.

"However, there are still those who questioned my victory because of my skin color. I was shocked to know that some people could still think that way. As you've seen with my reaction during the coronation night, I didn't expect to win the top crown. But I am beyond happy that I did," shared Binibining Pilipinas International winner Angelica Lopez.

She added that, when the time comes for her turn to represent the country in Japan next year, there may be some changes with the way she'll move but that it won't be much. "It's important that I remain myself through and through," intoned Angelica, who said she would be back to school in the next term, before competing in the international finals.

The two-hour engagement afforded Binibini fans with a fun and exciting afternoon to bond with their favorite queens, albeit brief.

"It's amazing to be alive, especially when fans show their support and love to you. Last year, I was simply testing the waters. But this year, I already had the requisite experience needed for embarking on a national pageant.

"It's difficult if many believe in you but you yourself don't. To be part of the Binibini sisterhood is the best decision I've made so far. What most people don't know is that I'm usually quiet because I save up on energy. In fact, in our out-of-town trips, I was usually dozing off to catch up on sleep," apprised Binibining Pilipinas Globe Anna Valencia Lakrini, who'll be competing in Albania come October.

While Anna will be competing this year, Angelica will have to wait for another year for her turn. This year, it will be Binibining Pilipinas International 2022 Nicole Borromeo's turn to represent the country in the Tokyo-based search.

Binibining Pilipinas 2023 2nd runner-up Atasha Reign Parani was a little late in joining her sister queens. The 19-year-old stunner had to hie off from Cavite where she's currently completing her Senior High year at the Atheneum School.



"I might pursue Mass Communications in either Endurun College or Southville International School. It's important that my chosen school understands how working students juggle their time between career and scholastics. 

"With the Pinoy Big Brother stint, the housemate quest was about who you are and builds up from there. In pageantry, it's about advocacies with a discipline and training that's really difficult," revealed the youngest candidate in this year's Binibini pageant.

Binibining Pilipinas 2023 1st runner-up Katrina Anne Johnson gamely received the fans with her sister queens. Like her accidental foray into the world of pageantry and her realization that the platform has a wider reach and influence, we, too, went into a lengthy colloquy with the Davao del Sur maiden. Well share her inspiring story with you soon. Stay tuned!


Comments

Popular Posts