Michelle Arceo

Philippines is focused on winning the first-ever Environment crown

By Demi Braque

Miss Environment Philippines 2021 Michelle Arceo, the country's first national crown winner, is currently in India to compete in the internation finals of the maiden voyage of the Environment title.

"I'm very excited to show what I've been working so hard for - like my pasarela and Q&A training - which I will be showcasing on the international platform. For those who want to step into the world of pageantry, with the love and care for the environment like I do, try joining the Miss World-Philippines (MWP) pageant and attain this crown because there's so much that goes into it.

"It's a lot more than what I have expected and it makes me very hopeful to be in this very enormous platform. With India being a powerhouse in pageantry, I look forward to what this platform can do. It's not just beauty that they're looking for but intelligence, too. Plus they reassured us candidates with health/safety protocols during the duration of the competition. That's what really makes you radiate. I wanna see what these batch of girls have to offer. On finals night, rest assured that I'm gonna make you all proud.

"Keep supporting me and keep sending me good energy, as well as good vibes. Also, keep supporting the other girls that I am competing with. They also need your love and support. Girls lose their spark because of negativity permeating social media. And I thank each and everyone who has been with me in this journey 'coz I wouldn't have done it without you. It takes a village to make a beauty queen!" shared Michelle during an intimate colloquy.

Michelle also shared that her national costume and evening gown will be designed by Louis Pangilinan, and some of her outfits will be done by Amir Sali. As a lady of many hidden talents, she will be performing again the classical piece "Think of Me," that won Best in Talent during the national pageant.

Prior to her send-off, she was also busy with tree planting activities. After her stint in India, she will be closely monitoring the growth of the planted seedlings because it takes, at least, three years to ensure growth. That, and her involvement in the ocean cleanup drives.

"Let's call government to action on environmental awareness. Pressure is immense whenever a representative wears the Philippines sash. I handle pressure with the help of my family, by meditating, and listening to soothing music. I channel these things into positive energies."

Michelle grew up in California but moved to Quezon City when she turned 18 a few years ago. When not in Metro Manila, she visits her other relatives in Bulacan and Samar. "The international finals is a knowledge-based competition. There will be queries focusing on environmental awareness during the head-to-head challenge rounds."

When asked to describe herself, Michelle said that she's a "kind, generous, and empathetic woman."

The coronation night of the first-ever Miss Environment International pageant is slated on April 2, 2022, with the pre-pageant events and activities starting March 21st. Stay tuned!

Comments

Popular Posts