Barkero Developers

Young CEO helms fast-growing enabling company

By Nico Erle Ciriaco

27-year-old Vincent Hermosura is the chief executive and founder of Barkero Developers, a premium digital agency based in Manila focused on creating high-quality Web sites, mobile apps, and automated quality tests. The company's goal is to create a premiium digital experience for its upscale clients.

Among its clientele base are labels and brands such as STS Logistics, a supplier company that ships items from Korea to the Philippines; Cannella Roastery, an entity that serves premium roasted coffee beans to established coffee businesses in the country; and Appcentric PH, an enterprise that implements SAP products to the top 500 corporations around the archipelago.

"Barkero Developers create Web sites for clients. And I get my clients through referrals. My focus now is on giving more service. The pandemic has necessitated the movement of invoice payments, as most businesses have been hard hit by it. A client has even offered us an office space to use. So everything bodes well for both parties."

In addition, in less than two years' time, Barkero was able to acquire international clients based in the Philippines, Singapore, Australia, and Switzerland. These companies have fulfilled the requirements of running more than four years of operation;  are in their expansion or marketing phase; have existing Web sites; and have established a process that wants to infuse technology into their systems (such as automating mails and having a lead generation bank). Some of these entities include Cardinal Buoy, Infocentric, and The Unnamed Collective, among others.

"Notwithstanding it's numerous merits, client relations can, sometimes, be a hindrance - like in instances where there are too many requests, or when a client feels more knowledgeable than you."

Vincent says that as part of his future plans, he is targeting to reach a Php 100-million valuation by 2030, and to grow the company size to at least ten developers and designers by 2022. When not particularly busy, he counts watching movies, mountain climbing, and cooking as his pasttime/hobbies.

"At the onset, I had agreements where I received retainers based on man hours. But now, it is based on percentages of actual or projected earnings. There are different pricing schemes for different clients. Maintenance commands another fee from putting up a Web site.

"My first venture in 2017 was with Tsupitero. The term refers to passengers clinging on a vehicle for a ride. So, to make a connection, I named my company Barkero, as barkers are those that call on passengers to take a ride," confided the ECE graduate from the Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila.

Vincent is a young millionaire below the age of 30. He says, "It takes a lot of hard work, patience, and faith in yourself. When I was starting, only a few of my friends would listen as to what my vision was all about. This forced me to find mentors and friends outside my circle of peers. Luckily, I found them. Being a self-made millionaire has made me a certified 'kuripot.' When I reached my first million, I called all my mentors and asked them what they did with theirs. Most of them told me they just kept working, saving, and protecting the money. So, I also followed suit.

"I see this as my calling - tweaking Web sites according to client's specifications. If you do something, give it your best shot," shared Vince, at the close of an intimate media luncheon at The Podium in Mandaluyong City.

For more information, check the Barkero Developers site at https://barkero.com/ or you may also visit their social media page via fb.com/barkerodevelopers.


Comments

Popular Posts