Socialite Magazine

 


Publisher's keynote speech


Maayong gabii kanatong tanan! And it is truly a wonderful day, still, for print media. With the advent of online technology, magazine publishing is fast becoming a remnant of the past. But not today! The printing of Socialite Magazine still affords jobs to a few necessary people that tech multi-taskers seemed to have brought into oblivion.

If I were a man, I may be known as a 'jack of all trades.' But since I'm a woman, consider me a 'woman of many hats,' wearing each one with competence and passion:

That of a single mother of five;

That of an enterprising Pinay;

That of an ambassadress of goodwill exercising my many philanthropic pursuits;

That of a pageant titlist representing the country in competitions abroad;

And now, that of a publisher of the printed word.

It has been said that a journey to a thousand miles begins with a single step. And that single step will not have happened without the support of family, friends, and followers. I can use all of tonight's time to enumerate each one but I won't do that. You all know who you are and, for that, I'll be forever grateful.

Instead, allow me to single out my mentor in most of my undertakings - Seňorito Michele Lhuillier. As an accomplished man himself, Seňorito has taught me how to traverse the intricate avenues of business and enterprise, as well as imbibe in me sound business practices that rebounded not only to me and my staff, but to the public at large.

Since I've been in his constant company these past 13 years, and counting, I have oftentimes been relegated to 'GF' status - his 'Girl Friday' - pero pwede ding ' girlfriend - joke! 

I will not take much of your time from enjoying tonight's festivities, the part of this message being one of gratitude and appreciation for your invaluable support.

So again, daghang salamat ug maayong gabii kanatong tanan. Enjoy the rest of the evening!

(Aida Patana, publisher)


Comments

Popular Posts