IGTV one-on-one

 Zozi chats with Rabiya, Ayu, and Francisca on IGTV

By Earl D.C. Bracamonte


Reigning Miss Universe Zozibini Tunzi took to her Instagram account to chat with three Miss Universe 2020 candidates from Malaysia, Indonesia, and the Philippines.

"For my daily schedule now, I wake up at 7 am and do my fitness/exercise routine, do my hair and makeup myself, then to pasarela practice, and finally to virtual Q and A sessions. I am excited not just to compete but to also celebrate who we are as women, and celebrate diversity," shared Miss Universe Philippines 2020 Rabiya Mateo.

Miss Universe Malaysia 2020 Francisca Luhong James, who was still in Kuala Lumpur during the virtual dialogue, said that "she is excited to meet all the girls and the Miss Universe team. It's been a long time going through preparations with the challenge of the pandemic, and overcome all the obstacles.

"I stay fit, do Q and A sessions in preparation for the international stage. To be mentally and physically ready. I also do some classes. I do community work, working with different people. I challenge myself to go beyond my comfort zone. Need to have faith, trust the process and the people I am with," she added.

Miss Universe Indonesia 2020 RR Ayu Maulida, who is currently in Houston, Texas, said that she is getting ready for her makeup. "I can't wait for the moment when I am finally on stage. It is a dream come true for me, dreaming of this moment since I was a little girl. I am excited about the fashion segments because that is how I have worked my whole life, my profession. I am doing fasting now because my stamina needs to be ready. It's our Ramadan month."

Of the 74 official candidates in the 69th Miss Universe competition, four are replacements. Miss Universe Belgium 2020 Celine van Duytsel was replaced by her 2nd runner-up Dhenia Covens. Ditto Miss Universe South Africa 2020 Shudufhadzo Musida who was replaced by her 2nd runner-up Natasha Joubert. Musida will, instead, be sent to the Miss World 2021 competition.

Miss Universe Poland 2020 Magdalena Kasiborska was replaced by first runner-up Natalia Pigula, while Miss Universe France 2020 Clemence Botino switched places with runner-up Amandine Petit. Botino's schedule did not allow her to be prepared for the May pageant, so she opted to compete in the December finals.

There was no national pageant in Germany last year so they withdraw participation in the May 16 finals. But most countries - like Canada, USA, Venezuela, Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam, India, Costa Rica, and the Philippines were fortunate enough to select their representative, albeit virtually, for some.

Other countries resorted to appointing their delegate. These include Argentina, Bulgaria, Dominican Republic, Mauritius, Panama, Portugal, South Korea, Ukraine, and Puerto Rico.

In her closing statement, Zozi encouraged all the girls to have fun and make friendships and bonds along the way. "Enjoy yourself! You all worked hard winning your national crowns so you have done half the job. Imagine yourself as rare breeds of travel horses whose eyes are hooded so they are not distracted. Focus on yourselves!

"After my reign, I'll continue advocating for causes like Asian Lives Matter and Black Lives Matter. Stop the hate!" implored the South African beauty.

WME/IMG announced that the Miss Universe Guitar Hotel merchandise is on a limited, buy-one take-one sale with 20% markdowns, plus free shipping for orders over $60. Up for grabs are goldfoil hoodies, black tees, goldfoil tank top, goldfoil tote bag, and face masks.

Comments

Popular Posts