Christal Jean de la Cruz

 Youngest queen in the BBP court

By Earl D.C. Bracamonte 

One of this year's strongest contenders to the Binibining Pilipinas crown is also the youngest. 

Only 19-years-old during the coronation night, the representative from Zambales, Christal de la Cruz, was proclaimed Binibining Pilipinas 2024 1st runner-up up. She recently celebrated her natal anniversary.

On a recent interview with the BBP queens at the Bonifacio Global City,  we asked Tala (as her closest friends call her), if being the youngest worked to her advantage during the competition.

"I can't say if it was an advantage or otherwise but what's important is that I've shared my purpose and story. I've started joining pageants since I was 17. I may have come across as playful or just having fun but, the truth is, these competitions have given me a lot of learning and experience."

While top winner, Bb. Pilipinas Int'l Myrna Esguerra, received a lion share of the special and  corporate awards, Tala got her sizable share too! And she could have gotten a higher placement had she aced the final interview.

"I did my best during the Binibini pageant, not because of my inclusion in the hot picks, but because of what my core team's assurance that I can do it. After I'll complete my duties with BPCI, I'll take my time considering what my next options will be."

With a very rosy future in pageantry, Tala could take her time deciding which pageant system she'll set her sights next. And, this time around, to bring home the bacon!

Comments

Popular Posts