Maureen Christa Wroblewitz

Mau shows consistency in MUPh journey

By Earl D C. Bracamonte

Maureen Christa Wroblewitz recently landed in the Top 15 spots of Miss Universe Philippines 2021's first hurdle - the Headshot challenge - gaining third place. Like all her co-candidates in this year's competition, getting a placement in any challenge is a feat in itself when you consider the number of aspirants joining the contest.

After the photo challenge,the Miss Universe Philippines organization gave all the entrants' a minute to showcase their personalities and quirks in a recorded video. And Mau, like the rest of the girls, uploaded an interesting montage.

The Pangasinan representative opened her introduction video in her native Ilocano dialect. "Naimbag nga adlaw a kada yo amin! I'm Maureen Wroblewitz but you can call me Mau, or even Maui.

"I'm a model, host, and now aspiring beauty queen. I'm a third culture kid. I was born and raised in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia to a German dad and Filipino mom. I also lived in Germany for six years where I was a former gelato waitress."

Mau's exposure to different races and cultures in her early formative years must have helped her in her many undertakings. She was the first Filipina to have won the  Asia's Next Top Model search, a few years back.

"I describe myself as weird, clumsy, and awkward. So you can imagine, I think . . . I hope!"

This self-depreciating way of seeing herself speaks volumes of her innate confidence and self-assurance. Only those who are brutally frank are the ones with a clearer perspective of their flaws and strengths, including their winning traits.

"Having been in front of the camera a lot, because of my job, people don't realize that I actually love doing my own makeup, especially special effects makeup. That is probably the reason why I love Halloween. My cats, though, may not. They may not love it as much. I'm a cat lady, by the way."

Mau is inviting all her followers and supporters to vote and like her introduction video. The collated results in the headshot and intro video challengers will determine who makes it to the Top 75. In a few days,we will know.

The Miss Universe Philippines 2021 finals is set on September 25. Stay tuned for updates in the weeks and days leading to the final show of the ultimate thirty aspirants.


Comments

Popular Posts