Ma. Andrea Endicio

 MNP sends off representative to Polo Universe competition

By Earl D.C. Bracamonte

The Mutya ng Pilipinas (MNP) organization sent off Philippine representative Ma. Andrea Endicio through a formal sashing ceremony and send off party at the CWC Design Center in Makati City.

“We continue with our commitment for our queens to compete overseas. We are the second longest-running pageant competition after Binibining Pilipinas. We want to show the world that in the Philippines, we have solidarity. We are friends with all pageant organizations,” shared MNP president Cory Quirino, after donning the sash on Andrea. 

After losing her Tourism International title through ALV Pageant Circle’s acquisition of the Philippine franchise, Andrea was so elated when she was informed that she’ll finally be competing in Dubai.

“I am overjoyed, mixed with a little anxiety. This is a dream come true for me. I’m looking forward to meet my Polo Universe sisters. I am the first Filipina representative to this two-year-old pageant. This is a none-swimsuit pageant that delves more into the advocacy of its delegates,” shared the licensed pharmacist from Candelaria, Quezon Province. Andrea graduated Magna cum laude from.the Unjversity of Sto. Tomas.

Three years ago, while working as a courtside reporter, Andrea was a victim of cybercrime. It was a very dark and trying time for her and her family then, not knowing where to seek help. Fortunately, that episode is all in the past now.

“The youth is the most vulnerable sector in virtual reality. They need proper guidance. When I started my pageant journey in 2019, I was raw; like being sent to school for the first time. I was simply a dreamer then. My 2026 version is an achiever!

“I respect the Middle Eastern temperament. If I’ll be given the chance to win the title, I would slowly introduce women’s empowerment into my platform. This pageant is filled with a lot of speaking engagements; something that’s attuned to my skill set,” enthused Andrea.

It was a circuitous ride for Andrea to finally get her chance to represent the country. She went through several pageant systems - Miss World Philippines then the Binibining Pilipinas unto the Mutya ng Pilipinas - before getting her own crown; which by the way got lost a few months after winning it.

The Miss Polo Universe 2026 coronation night will unfold on Sept 26 at the Movenpick Grand Al Bustan Convention Center in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Stay tuned!



Comments

Popular Posts