Zoraida Bricca

 Philippines wins first Mrs. Celebrity Int’l championship in Malaysia

By Earl D.C. Bracamonte

Philippine delegate Zoraida “Dang” Bricca, a 5’10” De La Salle University graduate with a Business degree, was crowned the champion, and first Filipino winner, in the recently concluded Mrs. Celebrity International pageant in Sentul, Kuala Lumpur last July 31. She was also proclaimed the Best Catwalk and Country/ Cultural Power of the Year awards recipient. Like other pageants, the candidates competed in several categories & challenges and the highest-scored on coronation night was declared the champion.

Dang’s court, all given the title of Mrs. Celebrity International, were:

- Nana Hoshino (Japan, Grand Champion)

- Olesya Shishkina (Russia)

- Phuong Hue Xuan (Vietnam)

- Lin Li Chi (Taiwan)

The said pageant, which started in 2023, is open to wives and transgender women of all shapes and sizes ranging from 20 to 45 years old and follows the mantra, “Zero hate, zero waste!”

Dang first represented the country in 2024 where she won the Queen of The Universe title in Cairo, Egypt.

“At 17, I wanted to join the Supermodel search but I was still under the age requirement. Then after graduation from college, I flew to the Middle East to work as a flight attendant for Saudia Airlines. Like after two months from graduation, I was already working. Thereafter, I got married so I thought my pageantry dreams were over.

“But, I learned through supportive friends, that it’s never late to pursue your dreams as long as you put your heart in it,” shared the brand owner and desigher of the House of Zora label. She’s also the CEO of the Global Glam Fashion studio.

This week, Dang will commence her outreach program with the CRIBS Foundation of Antipolo that will benefit abandoned, neglected, and surrendered infants & toddlers; as well as minor female survivors of sexual abuse seeking healing & recovery.

Next year, there will be a national competition where provincial delegates will compete for the chance to represent the country and vie for the international title in Thailand.



Comments

Popular Posts