Watsons Generics


Celebrity endorsers continue switch campaign
By Earl D.C. Bracamonte


Showbiz veterans Edu 'Doods' Manzano and Lorna 'LT' Tolentino continue to espouse the Swith & Save campaign to quality generic medicine that they started last year. The two celebrities surprised shoppers at the SM Mall of Asia very recently as they proudly wore the Watsons uniform and helped shoppers choose the best-value products especially at the pharmacy section.
As two of the most respected names in the Philippine entertainment industry for decades now, Doods and LT's endorsements have had a great impact on spreading awareness of the Watsons Generics line. It is through their influence that Filipino consumers continue to be educated about different health options which, in turn, promotes Watsons drive to slowly, yet surely, fill the the gaps in the low health literacy rate in the country.
Following the successful Switch & Save campaigns of Tessa Prieto-Valdes, Patty Laurel-Filart, Iya Villania-Arellano and Christian Bautista, the brand takes the campaign further by including Watsons Generics ambassadors Doods and LT in its series of store visits. But more than their influence, Doods and LT are also role models when it comes to being proactive about taking care of one's health.
“As we age, we have to take extra care of our bodies. So I make sure that I have a stock of Watsons multivitamins + iron regularly to boost my immune system. In the mornings, I take the calamansi-flavored Psyllium fiber that's tangy in taste and good for digestion. And for my body pains, I take Watsons Generics paracetamol especially when I'm tired and stressed from tapings,” shared the former Optical Media Board chairman. He also suggests the cranberry capsules which are suitable antidotes for urinary tract infection.
“Most consumers have a fixed mindset. It's our duty to show them what a winning proposition Watsons Generics is. Go on a diet and exercise. If you remain healthy, you will not need meds. Take everything in moderation.
“When you get to my age, you'll have the right frame of mind. It clears the clutter in my life. Always have time for loved ones. Allot time for them despite your busy schedule. Twice a week I visit my farm and fishponds. I raise samaral, pampano, king crabs and milkfish. My plots, on the other hand, are planted with mangoes and coconut.
“With Watsons Generics, people are given a chance to get quality products that's within their means and budget,” quipped Luis Manzano's dad. “My kids love martial arts,” he added.
Just like Doods, LT also does farming occasionally. She planted her land with mangoes, coconuts, santol and dragonfruit. In her greenroom, she cultivates lettuce and kale species. She points out that she takes her vitamins regularly as well. “Whatever I endorse, I use. To further boost my immune system, I take Vit. E and ascorbic acid; especially now that rainy days make us prone to get cough and colds. Supplements really help a lot,” enthused LT.
To maintain her youthful glowing skin, Lorna credits Watsons glutathione, Hyaluron collagen powder and Luyang Dilaw for overall wellness. “You also need to be healthy and beautiful from the inside out. Always think positive to combat stress. Pray immediately for Divine Guidance then move forward.
”I have a back problem so I do Pilates as I need to strengthen my core. Now that my work schedule isn't that hectic, I travel with my family either out-of-town or out-of-the-country. Bonding time is usually hard to get by. My granddaughter, Laila Victoria, who we fondly call Tori, is my inspiration. I hope I'll see her grow to be one fine lady and be with her for a long time.
“I'm now catching up fast with the young, whether in music or in my granddaughter's storybooks. It's difficult to put a period with my love life though I'm not looking for romantic involvements. It's all family time. If one comes along, why not?
“To love yourself, you need to be healthy and take care of your physicality. I pray that my children will all be stable and happy in their chosen endeavors. Also, that I get to play again in a tele-serye soon. With Watsons, we promote something good for the public. Watsons Generics gives consumers a better deal,” shared LT.
As the number one pharmacy retail brand in Asia, Watsons gives Filipino families more options for high quality but affordable medicines as it strengthens its branded generics line. House brands/labels carried by Watsons (like Unilab and Now Foods, to name a few) are all manufactured by trusted pharmaceutical partners and undergo a 5-step quality assurance screening process. The Watsons Generics line includes maintenance medications for diabetes, hypertension and high cholesterol; antibiotics to fight off common bacteria, dietary supplements for skin enhancement, anti-ageing and over-all wellness, basic vitamins, oral analgesics, and other over-the-counter medicines.
For families on a tight budget, healthcare often takes a backseat to more basic needs such as food and paying utility bills. Based on a recent study done by Nielsen, an average Filipino family spends a measly 5 per cent of its aggregate income on medicines and health-related services.
Watsons is the region's leading health and beauty retailer, currently operating over 4,000 stores and more than a thousand pharmacies in 12 Asian territories that include China (mainland China, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Macau), Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, Korea, Indonesia, Turkey, Ukraine, and the Philippines.
“In the Philippines, Watsons has always been known for our branded beauty products. But since the launch of Watsons Generics, our customers now don't have to go elsewhere to buy their medicine. We have become their convenient one-stop shop,” said senior marketing manager Karen Fabres.
Just like all the Watsons' celebrity ambassadors, shoppers can maximize their purchasing power; allowing them to properly take care of one's health and spend more on the things that you really want in life.
With Watsons Generics, Filipinos no longer need to choose between savings and quality as it assures consumers of quality formulations backed by over 170 years of pharmaceutical experience while giving them as much as 80 per cent in savings.
“We aim to help families by giving them more healthcare options and the ability to purchase affordable, high-quality medicines. This will not just give them access to quality healthcare products but will also be able to focus their finances on other important matters,” declared health business unit director Danilo Chiong.
In 2002, the A.S. Watsons Group joined hands with SM Prime Holdings Inc., the Philippines leading shopping mall developer. Watsons caters to a wide variety of lifestyle options with an unrivaled diversity of products, with a mission of helping people around the world to look good, feel great.





Comments

Popular Posts